by Tony26 Investigator
Investigator

Top up when out of UK

I want to top up my phone whilst abroad. The web site does not recognise my number and I am refused access to the help line. I receive texts and calls but cannot make them. What should I do to be able to use my phone?

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Top up when out of UK

To top-up from abroad you dial 360. Why can't you make calls? What happens when you try? Where are you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Tony26

Welcome to the community.

When was the last time you used your phone for a chargeable activity as below;

• Voice and data usage. This includes making calls, sending text messages and picture messages, retrieving a voicemail, and using data that is not within your pack or add-on.
  • Topping up your account.
  • Buying a pack or an add-on.

Calls, texts and data usage made using your allowance from your pack do not count towards a chargeable activity. 

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Leanne_T: OP is receiving calls & texts. So his SIM can't be hibernated, can it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

You're right @XRaySpeX sorry my mistake.

Leanne 🙂

by Tony26 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Top up when out of UKhone fo

I have not been able to use my phone or contact Orange for about a month. I tried dialing 360 and got no result. I have received a latest text message saying if I do not use the phone I will loose the number. I am in Lanzarote.

by

Hi @Tony26

Are you able to call us from an alternative phone?

Our Mobile Care team will be able to help you get connected.

Let us know how you get on.

Chris

by Tony26 Investigator
Investigator

I do not have access to an alternative phone as I am on a boat.

When I dial the help number I get the message:- This number is for handsets then the person you are calling is not available, try later. The web site says it does not recognise my number. The local Orange store can not help. Dialing 360 gets no response . Dialing 450 gets no response. I am still receiving calls and texts from Orange welcoming me to Spain  etc.

by

OK, thanks @Tony26

I've sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

by Tony26 Investigator
Investigator

My name Anthony

Best time noon any day,

Regards,    Tony

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Tony26: Remove your personal details immediately from public view. You were being asked to PM them to @Christopher_G .

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.