by matt1981 Investigator
Investigator

Top up data only abroad?

Hi, 

More problems. I left O2 to try a different network but im regretting it already. I'm abroad and want to add data. All the advice online and in the EE app in non-descript.

It's just baffling. Customer wants to give you money = good for EE. Why isn't this a single click from the EE site? or from the App? How do I do it? The advice is this:

How do I buy data abroad?

1. Grab your mobile phone
  2. Switch on data roaming in your phone settings
  3. Go online and you'll be taken to a page where you can buy data
When you've used up 80% of your data, we send you a text message to let you know. Once you're out, we automatically stop your data, so you can never go outside your allowance and be charged extra.

So i have to wait to run out of data before adding more, what if you're on a video call? or sending files? The only other advice involves adding data by joining the EE network. Something not possible from abroad. And there is no way to communicate with EE from abroad. Is there no chat option on weekends? Even at UK opening times there is now no chat option on the app or online.

Madness, this is so simple with O2, why is giving EE more money so hard?

How do you add more data when abroad?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Top up data only abroad?

@matt1981  You want more data use THIS link.  You don’t have to wait for anything to inform you about purchasing more data.    Your reading about if/when you run out and how do EE make it available for you to get more data,  at no point have you seen anything about not being able to purchase more when you want more.  

by matt1981 Investigator
Investigator

This worked thanks, i can't find a link to this page within My Account or My EE for next time though...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just bookmark it as http://add-on.ee.co.uk .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.