by John890
Explorer

To use data in Spain, do I need to switch Data Roaming on?

Hi I am in Spain and have connected to Orange-EE, and can make calls etc, but cannot  connect to internet/emails etc, should I switch Data Roaming to on in order to get data? Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: To use data in Spain, do I need to switch Data Roaming on?

Hi, 

Yes if you want data you need to activate roaming. 

Have you a data allowance to use abroad on your plan as if not you will need to activate but you should have received some txt regarding this when you landed. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi, 

Yes if you want data you need to activate roaming. 

Have you a data allowance to use abroad on your plan as if not you will need to activate but you should have received some txt regarding this when you landed. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by John890
Explorer

I do have data allowance included.  I received two text messages from EE, but there was no mention of Data usage.  Am I safe to switch Data Roaming on and not risk a big bill when I get home

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@John890 wrote:

I do have data allowance included.  I received two text messages from EE, but there was no mention of Data usage.  Am I safe to switch Data Roaming on and not risk a big bill when I get home

If you have EU data allowance on your plan then you will be fine and won't be charged but if not then you will need to buy an add on more details are here. 

Thanks 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.