by morton_wot Investigator
Investigator

Texting someone abroad

I am an EE customer, i have unlimited texts and minutes, i am wondering if i will pick up any extra charges when texting somone who is in the Netherlands, then France and then Belgium, the person i am trying to text has a UK number starting 07. Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Texting someone abroad

I can't comment on another network's charges but you as an EE user will not be charged extra for sending or receiving texts to/from a UK mobile wherever it is. The other person can only rely on what he has been told by his network about his charges.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it won't cost you any extra. It is they who are roaming & paying for it, not you.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

The person who I'm trying to contact received a text message off their provider saying that they can text and call as normal, does that mean they wont be charged either ? And will i not be charged when receiving texts

Sent from my iPhone
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

I can't comment on another network's charges but you as an EE user will not be charged extra for sending or receiving texts to/from a UK mobile wherever it is. The other person can only rely on what he has been told by his network about his charges.

Investigator

Ok thank you for your advice.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @morton_wot.

Thanks for coming here.

Glad you got your query answered 🙂

Let us know if you need anything further!

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.