by jjarman76
Explorer

Switched from Pay Monthly to Flex when abroad, no service

I have been with EE for many years on a pay monthly plan. I made arrangements to switch to a Flex plan from 1st Sept. It did not happen automatically as I had hoped, so I did a live chat 2 days ago with EE to sort things out. I was told I would receive a text in 24 hours to confirm terms and conditions and then I could use the new plan. 

It's 48 hours later and I have no access to my data at all. I can't call EE (get a recording saying 'calls from this number are barred') and the live chat function is not working on my laptop for some reason. I'm in the USA until Sunday, and I desperately need to have a phone with working data, today. 

Any advice, please? 

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Switched from Pay Monthly to Flex when abroad, no service

@jjarman76  you need to be in the UK for your Sim card to accept the changes as it needs to be excepted directly on the EE network this cannot happen on the roaming network. 

by jjarman76
Explorer

Re: Switched from Pay Monthly to Flex when abroad, no service

Thanks for the information. I wish they had made that clear when I set things up the other day.

I don’t suppose there’s any way to buy a data add-on for the next couple of days? I can’t wait until I’m back in the UK on Sunday.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.