by scumbags Investigator
Investigator

Sudden implimentation of pin to access voicemail from abroad

I've been a customer for many years. So I go on a far east cruise. Hong kong for a week, OK checking my voicemails. I go on a cruise then suddendly after years, EE says you've got several messages but you haven't set up a pin so can't listen to them! Was fine in HK. Says I can set up a pin when I'm back in the UK in three weeks. Lost dozens of calls or worse. Won't find out, if ever, until I'm back in the UK. When I log onto EE they offer chat, great, except it's only available 9-5 UK time. When I log on during those times, guess what? Chat isn't available. And their HELP (Support) is worse than useless. Calling the UK from abroad, voicemail etc is not listed in their help sections. Could always waste hundreds of poundsand make them richer by calling from Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand etc. I'm NOT on PAYG

6 REPLIES 6
by scumbags Investigator
Investigator

Calling voicemail from abroad - Sudden implimentation for pin number

SUBJECT NOT LISTED: I've been a customer for many years. So I go on a far east cruise. Hong kong for a week, OK checking my voicemails. I go on a cruise then suddendly after years, EE says you've got several messages but you haven't set up a pin so can't listen to them! Was fine in HK. Says I can set up a pin when I'm back in the UK in three weeks. Lost dozens of calls or worse. Won't find out, if ever, until I'm back in the UK. When I log onto EE they offer chat, great, except it's only available 9-5 UK time. When I log on during those times, guess what? Chat isn't available. And their HELP (Support) is worse than useless. Calling the UK from abroad, voicemail etc is not listed in their help sections. Could always waste hundreds of poundsand make them richer by calling from Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand etc. I'm NOT on PAYG

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sudden implimentation of pin to access voicemail from abroad

Try the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by scumbags Investigator
Investigator

Re: Sudden implimentation of pin to access voicemail from abroad

Thanks for that but I am on a cruise. Internet speeds at sea are slower than the old dialup. Nowhere near fast enough to use Skype. When I do get a good connection in the middle of the night when all the other passengers are asleep the latency issue prevent simple tasks. Email is bad at the best of times. It took me 25 minutes, at my third attempt, to post my problem on friday.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Calling voicemail from abroad - Sudden implimentation for pin number

For when you are:

@scumbags wrote:

calling from Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand etc.

not on the boat!

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by scumbags Investigator
Investigator

Then they are closed, because of the time difference.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @scumbags

Thanks for coming here. 

Our chat teams are open now, if you log into your My EE account online a chat option will show when an agent is available.

They are open Mon to Sun 8am - 11pm UK time. 

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.