Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Stucked in Spain - with a useless sim

Hi All,

I need you help.. I am a pay as u go custmer, used to be on contract And I have never had issue with my sims before, since a change into Payg My sim stopped working correctly. I am now in Spain and 
I can t receive or make calls, nor sending text. Not even to customer service. 

I checked on my app looks like I m on roaming, and my phone is unlocked. But still can t do any calls. 
change all phone operators manually and again no luck.

i need you help!! I dom t want my sims card to be deactivated! 
but if i can t call it will so please help. i had a flight to uk to go to a ee shop but because of the covid i am literally stucked. 

many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Stucked in Spain - with a useless sim

Did you transfer to PAYG while you were abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Re: Hi I can’t send txt or make calls from Spain

Hi!

I can t call any number from my phone, i have an ee pay as u go sims card. Roaming seems  activated. And phone set up... - checked on your site - 

still i change phone operator, i have tried them all... 
i am stucked in Spain, with a pandemic, and a useless sims card. 
please help 😞

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Did you transfer to PAYG while you were abroad? EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. If it wasn't you can't now use it until you return to UK.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for the reply.

That was very clear... I just wished that someone told me when I did it.

Now I need another info actually. I planned to send the sim back in UK, snce the COVID-19 outbreak, and ask a friend to activate it for me.

But how long do I have to before my number will be expired and my credit lost? Or could be put on hold?

P : where your online chat gone?

Thank you

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Barbarap,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please see What is pay as you go and flex hibernation, and how do I stop it? for everything you need to know about keeping your pay as you go account active.

Hope this helps. 🙂

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions