by fernanaz
Explorer

Stopped Working

Hi, 

I am based in Asia, until a few weeks ago I was able to connect my UK Sim to roam. But recently it does not connect to the local provider.  

When I check the settings on the local network it states as barred. 

Please advise.. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Stopped Working

How long you been in Asia? Are you contract or PAYG? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by fernanaz
Explorer

Have been here for years with no issues until recently. 

This is a contract number.. 

by
EE Community Team

Hi @fernanaz,

Welcome to the community 🙂

If you have been out of the UK for a while, you might have broken your stable link with the UK EE network.

We will consider you have a stable link to the UK if spend a total of 60 days or more during any 120 day period within the UK.

If your usage abroad in the EU/EEA exceeds this, you will be alerted by text, and after a 2- week period we may charge you for services you use or block your SIM card and roaming services.

Alex

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex_S: Does the Stable Link condition apply to roaming outside the EU/EEA? If so, where is it stipulated so? The only Stable Link condition stated by EE in its T&Cs is for roaming in the EU/EEA. It is not even stated for the 5 non-EU countries of the Go Further add-on or the Max plans.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @XRaySpeX,

No it doesn't sorry. I missed that @fernanaz stated that he was in Asia.

Alex

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.