by Anon4
Explorer

Stable links policy

Hello the policy states that you must be in the UK 2 months in every 4 OR use your allowances mainly in the UK. In that calculation how are unused allowances counted, are they counted as used in the UK.

For example with an allowance of say 250 mins, 50 mins used abroad, the rest not used at all, or say 20 used in the UK, does this mean that the policy is breached bt comparing the 50 to the 20 or is it seen as only 50 used abroad of 250 allowance, therefore ok?

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Stable links policy

@Anon4   A stable link is when your device connects to the network directly.  It’s not necessarily when you use any of your allowance. 

by Anon4
Explorer

Thanks for your reply , my question refers to the stable links (to the UK) policy which is a sub set of the fair use policy ;-

https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/help-pdfs/ee-sme-fair-use-policy-20180412(1.0).pdf

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Anon4   If you go by what your saying 50 minutes used abroad and 0-20 minutes used in the UK you’ll still be ok.  Just to ask how many minutes do you have ? 

by Anon4
Explorer

500 and usually have about 400 left available when the allowance refreshes, It would be good to know specifically how the system calculates whether there is a policy breach or not, especially how the unsused minutes feature (or not) in the calculation. By your reply I guess you believe that they count as "UK" minutes in effect?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The operative word is "use" your allowance, not the amount of your allowance.

In your example only 0 - 29 % of your used allowance is in the UK. Therefore you will not count as having a stable link to the UK.

Otherwise you could spend months on end abroad using only 49% of your total allowance each month. This is obviously not what EE want or intended.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Anon4
Explorer

Ok so must be more usage in the UK than abroad, thanks for the info...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I think it stands to reason. EE plans are designed for UK residents who take holidays or other short trips abroad & are not intended for those who set up a long-term or permanent home abroad.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.