by brandscill Investigator
Investigator

South Africa Travel Data Pass Query

Hi,

I am going to South Africa in a couple of weeks and have just joined EE.

I was looking at the Travel Data Pass linked below but it seems to suggest it won't be available to me as I'm a MAX customer who joined after the 10th May. Max customers don't get inclusive roaming in South Africa so can someone explain or have I misunderstood?

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/travel-data-pass

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: South Africa Travel Data Pass Query

Off-the-wall-thinking:

Of the 11 countries for which the Travel Data Pass is valid, 5 are those where you Max Plan custs can use your UK allowance. Perhaps it really mean to say you can't get the TDP in those 5 as you don't need it there but you can get it in the other 6, incl. S.A.

Otherwise it just doesn't make sense. Or whoever wrote it mixed up the TDP countries with the Max countries.

@Lee_H: Any thoughts on this seemingly nonsensical restriction?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: South Africa Travel Data Pass Query

Hi @brandscill

Travel Data Pass is not currently available to customers who upgraded or joined after 10 May 2017 and took out a new 4GEE Max Plan, mobile broadband/Mobile Wi-Fi plans or pay as you go packs.

I appreciate your frustration, and have passed this feedback over to the relevant department,

Please get in touch with our customer service team and they'll see if it's possible to move you to a price plan that better suits your needs.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.