by seoyoung Contributor
Contributor

Sim doesn’t work in france.

On June 27 to July 4, I used usim in Switzerland well. But when I came to France, data doesn’t work. Please tell me what to do.

13 REPLIES 13
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sim doesn’t work in france.

@seoyoung   Have you restarted the device?  Have you manually searched for a different network? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @seoyoung,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did @Chris_B's tips helps you get connected?

If not please take a look at EE Roaming - Help when abroad with your EE phone or device for more information.

Hope this helps.

James

by seoyoung Contributor
Contributor

doesn’t work

I bought the sim card(10GB) in korea. From June 27 to July 3, I used it well in Switzerland . But when I came to Fance, It never ever worked.  I'm very uncomfortable because I haven't been able to write data for two days.

I did restart my phone,  select selullar manually, turn roaming on but it still doesn’t work until now. I tried to call your center but I can’t even get a call...... PLEASE HELP ME

by seoyoung Contributor
Contributor

help me

I bought the sim card(10GB) in korea. From June 27 to July 3, I used it well in Switzerland . But when I came to Fance, It never ever worked.  I'm very uncomfortable because I haven't been able to write data for two days.

I did restart my phone,  select selullar manually, turn roaming on but it still doesn’t work until now. I tried to call your center but I can’t even get a call...... PLEASE HELP ME

by

Re: doesn’t work

Hi there @seoyoung

I can see @James_B has provided you a link previously to our 'Help when abroad with your EE phone or device' page. 

Have you been able to follow any of the recommend advice on there?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by seoyoung Contributor
Contributor

No I tried all but it still doesn’t work...

by

Hi @seoyoung

Thanks for confirming. 

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

by Nikkie1 Investigator
Investigator

I seem to be in the same boat. My husband and I bought 2 SIM cards today in London and we were able to use them while we were in London, but now that we’re in Croatia they’re not working at all. We can’t call, text or use data, despite having the 10 gb cards. From what I can tell Croatia is approved for roaming. We also can’t call for support without cell service, so we are a bit stuck. We’ve tried the things on the list, aside from logging into our account, which doesn’t exist as far as I can tell, as we’re not monthly. (I did actually try that, too, but it doesn’t recognize the phone number as a number with an account.) 

by Nikkie1 Investigator
Investigator

I managed to get an online account set up, but it doesn’t show the 10 GB plan. 

by

Hi @Nikkie1

Are you connected to a Croatian network? Have you tried searching manually for a network?

Device type Actions
iPhone Settings > Mobile Data > Network Selection > Turn off Automatic
Android Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK
Windows Settings > Mobile Network > Network Selection > Tap on start manual search

Thanks

Chris

by Nikkie1 Investigator
Investigator

I have tried all of the things on the troubleshooting page, including trying different networks. It shows that I’m connected, but doesn’t function. There seem to be three networks it shows here, and we’ve tried all of them. I borrowed a friends phone earlier to call support, but i couldn’t stay on the line, as it was costing him a lot. The fellow I spoke with tried something on his end, and I got a notice that something was done and to restart my phone, but it still didn’t work. I get texts from EE just fine, but I can’t reply to them. I can’t make phone calls, it says “calls to this number are barred.” The data doesn’t work, and that’s the main reason we got the cards. We’ll be traveling to other countries before returning to London, so I’d really like to get it sorted. 

by

Hi @Nikkie1.

I've sent you a private message to try and help you further with this.

Please take a look and get back to me 🙂

Jon

by Nikkie1 Investigator
Investigator

In case anyone is coming to this forum with the same problem, I just found out that this cannot be fixed. For some reason, even though I used the service while in London, it didn’t activate until I called for support yesterday, while in Croatia, and since I was in a different country when it activated it just won’t work now. (Again, it worked fine while in London, so I didn’t need support then.) The option I was given is to return the cards to the store I bought them at... in the UK. No option to refund from here. It feels a bit like a money grab, since I’m sure many won’t be returning to UK, and like us, wouldn’t know they would have trouble in other countries until arriving in the other countries. We were planning on using the cards when we’re back to the UK for 2 days, but we never would have bought this much data for 2 days. There is also no information on the packaging to tell us to call to activate, in fact the packaging states the opposite. It says, “The pack will start as soon as you call, text, or browse.” (We even tested one card before opening the second card, in case there were troubles, but it worked fine there.) We were told on the phone that the reseller would be the ones responsible for informing us about activating and should have given us more information, but if anything had been in the packaging to tell us what to do differently, we would have. So, we used our friends international minutes, and then used our own Canadian international minutes (and time that should have been spent exploring) just to be told we were out of luck. I’m still not convinced we will get our money back from the reseller, since we’d gotten rid of much of the packaging when it was working. It’s also annoying to have to spend even more of our limited vacation time dealing with this, when it should have just worked or been able to be corrected once the trouble was discovered. It should be something that can be fixed, not just a dead end. It has cost us time and money, and we’re still left with no means of communicating. The fellows we spoke with were very pleasant, but staff should be given the means to fix this, as it appears to be a common problem given that London is a standard first stop in Europe. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.