by Mir123 Investigator
Investigator

Sim card

I purchased a 5GB pay as you go sim card in London and was told I would be about to use data and local call/ texts when I went to other countries in the EU. It is day 2 on my sim card and as soon as I left the UK to go to Spain it stopped working. My phone says I am connected to the "orange -Ee" network, roaming is on, but I am not able to use data internet and not able to place calls or texts. Is there something I need to activate or change APNs...etc .? Please help!

6 REPLIES 6
by Mir123 Investigator
Investigator

Sim card not working in EU

I purchased a 5GB pay as you go sim card in London and was told I would be about to use data and local call/ texts when I went to other countries in the EU. It is day 2 on my sim card and as soon as I left the UK to go to Spain it stopped working. My phone says I am connected to the "orange -Ee" network, roaming is on, but I am not able to use data internet and not able to place calls or texts. Is there something I need to activate or change APNs...etc .? Please help!

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Sim card

Good Afternoon @Mir123.

Welcome to the EE Community, I hope you're having a lovely time in Spain. 

Was your SIM activated and working fine in the UK before you travelled?

What phone are you using?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by Mir123 Investigator
Investigator

@Katie_B 

My sim card was working fine in the UK. It was put into my phone by an EE employee in the store. I have an Android - Pixel 2. I told them in the store that I would be using the sim card in Spain and the employee said it would work fine. Not sure if there was an additional activation required for this.

Thanks!

by

Thanks for confirming this @Mir123.

Did you make a call or text whilst in the UK?

I would recommend trying a manual network selection, you can do this by following these steps:

Settings > More Networks > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > Tap OK.

Speak soon, 

Katie 

by Mir123 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks @Katie_B 

I did not make a call in the UK but I used data and it worked. Yes, I have manually selected the network but am still not able to access Internet or make local calls. I get a message that roaming is on but that my carrier has disabled my internet. Please advise

by

Hi @Mir123

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.