by ianslater77 Investigator
Investigator

Sim Max roaming not working in USA

I have just got to USA and I am on Sim Max Plan so I should be able to roam using data from my current plan but this does not seem to be working. EE sent me several text messages saying I should get an add on but on their website is days in should be able to roam. It is very frustrating when things like this happen!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Sim Max roaming not working in USA

Are you sure it's a SIM-Only Max plan? They haven't been sold for some time. How's it described in your MyEE? When did you get it? It has to be after 10/05/17 to include US roaming.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
Investigator

Thanks for the advice. I have read some other posts so the first thing I did switch the device on and off again and also tried removing and re-inserting the SIM. I have also used my device abroad several times before so I didn't bother checking the roaming settings but I have done that now and both options were already ticked. Anything else I can try?
Are there only specific Max plans this works on?
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Team

Hi @ianslater77 

Welcome to the community 🙂

Are you still having the same issue today?

Did you get a chance to follow @XRaySpeX suggestions to get your phone up and running?

We have a number of steps in our community Getting ready to use your phone abroad Article that you could follow if you didn't make any changes on your account before you left the UK.

Alex 🙂

Investigator

I have tried switching on and off and also re-inserting SIM. I have also checked roaming settings and they are all correct.

by
EE Community Team

Hi @ianslater77 

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is it just the data that you are not able to use?

Have you been able to make and receive calls and texts since you arrived in America?

Can you let me know which phone you are using?

Alex 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Are you sure it's a SIM-Only Max plan? They haven't been sold for some time. How's it described in your MyEE? When did you get it? It has to be after 10/05/17 to include US roaming.

Investigator

Yes I have been able to make and receive calls and text fine it is just data.

Investigator

I am using iPhone XS Max

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If calls are working, I'd suggest calling EE now as they are still there. If you are on a MAX plan it will be free.

What happens if you go here? http://neverssl.com

If you get redirected to the add-on page then it means your phone is fine and it's an EE account problem, of you get nothing, it's likely to be your phone.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions