by watto63
Visitor

Shared Plan-data abroad

How do I get Data to use in Europe on a shared plan??

The main phone will be in the UK, but the shared phone is going to Ireland.

I have never heard that you cannot add data to aphone before!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Shared Plan-data abroad

Hi @watto63

Welcome to the community and thanks for stopping by 🙂

Here is all our information from our Shared Plans - control data and usage abroad help and support pages.

If you’ve already got a Shared Plan from EE, you can see who’s used your shared data, and decide who can use more with our new Usage Controls.

You can also decide who’s allowed to buy more data, and who can use their phone when they’re abroad, so you’re in complete control of who’s spending money on your Shared Plan.

Change the usage of one device

It’s simple to get your Usage Controls set up by logging into My EE on ee.co.uk.

Here's how:

1. Log in to My EE as the Account Holder
  2. Click Device for the Sharer you want to set the controls for
  3. On the Device and Usage page, scroll down to Manage this device, then click Usage Controls
  4. You'll see options for Use data, Buy dataRoaming abroad and Call abroad and premium rate
  5. Click ALLOW or BLOCK next to each option
  6. Click APPLY.

The Account Holder can change these settings at any time. Please note, the changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.

Once the changes have been selected in My EE, you won't be able to change them again for 15 minutes.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Richard

🙂

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Shared Plan-data abroad

Hi @watto63

Welcome to the community and thanks for stopping by 🙂

Here is all our information from our Shared Plans - control data and usage abroad help and support pages.

If you’ve already got a Shared Plan from EE, you can see who’s used your shared data, and decide who can use more with our new Usage Controls.

You can also decide who’s allowed to buy more data, and who can use their phone when they’re abroad, so you’re in complete control of who’s spending money on your Shared Plan.

Change the usage of one device

It’s simple to get your Usage Controls set up by logging into My EE on ee.co.uk.

Here's how:

1. Log in to My EE as the Account Holder
  2. Click Device for the Sharer you want to set the controls for
  3. On the Device and Usage page, scroll down to Manage this device, then click Usage Controls
  4. You'll see options for Use data, Buy dataRoaming abroad and Call abroad and premium rate
  5. Click ALLOW or BLOCK next to each option
  6. Click APPLY.

The Account Holder can change these settings at any time. Please note, the changes may take up to 24 hours to take effect.

Once the changes have been selected in My EE, you won't be able to change them again for 15 minutes.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.