by Africat2017 Investigator
Investigator

Setup phone for international roaming

Hi

I am due to go overseas soon and have phoned the EE helpline to get Roaming activated on my account. They have stated that Roaming is now enabled on my account and that my phone will be fine to use abroad. However I can see in the Call Settings>Call Barring on my phone that "Outgoing International Roaming" = Enabled.

However when searching the EE help and this community forum it would seem that the above setting needs to be set to Disabled even though Roaming is enabled on my account, contrary to what the tech support have told me.

Please could someone help me me out on this as I do not want to get abroad and find that I cannot make any outgoing calls. I have been with EE almost 2 years now.

Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Setup phone for international roaming

Check your roaming is enabled by texting ROAMING to 150.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the Community @Africat2017

Please let me know the outcome of the advice @XRaySpeX provided, incase you need us to offer further support.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Africat2017 login to your online account and click MENU>MANAGE DEVICE.  there you will see if roaming is enabled on your account.    if its not there there is a SETUP ROAMING tab just below it. 

Your device has no control on your EE account and you do not pay EE for a separate roaming allowance it comes from your standard allowance or you have to purchase bundles.   so enabling that feature on your device has no barring on roaming on your device and can in fact stop you device from working because its trying to link to a roaming account thats not there,

Investigator

Thanks for the advice.

I have done as you suggested and I get a text message saying it is enabled and my account says it is enabled.

The advise on the EE helppage suggests that the 'Outgoing International Roaming' setting under Call Barring needs to be set to disabled for Android phones as well, which is not the case on my android device. I do hope this setting will not prevent me from calling from overseas.

Investigator

Hi Lee

I have done as suggested but am hoping the 'Outgoing International Roaming' setting on my phone will not stop me from using my phone when I abroad.

Regards

Investigator

Hi Chris

Thanks for the advice.

I have purchased separate Roaming bundles (Calls & Texts) from EE.

So what you are saying is that even though the Call Barring > 'Outgoing International Roaming' setting is enabled on my device I should be able to make outgoing calls / texts as Roaming is enabled on my EE Account under Menu>Manage Device?

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Africat2017

If your phone is showing the Outgoing International call bar is active you won't be able to make outgoing calls once you're abroad.

Are you a personal EE customer?

If so i can send you a link to our Chat Team.

they can check to make sure your Premium and International call bar is lifted on your account.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Hi @Karen_C

Thank you for responding.

Yes I am an EE personal customer. Would you be able to send me a link to the chat team so I can get the bar lifted, please?

Regards

Antony

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @Africa2017

No problem, I'll send you a Private Message with a link to the Chat Team.

It's the Premium & International call bar that needs removed.

Enjoy your time abroad.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.