by CathrynK Investigator
Investigator

Sending texts from USA

I am currently in the USA and I can't send text messages even though I've received them from the UK. 

I have been online to my account to select allowing calls internationally (which was automatically set to blocked even though I've never asked for this). It said it would take 24 hours and I seemed to be able to send texts for a day or so but then I went to send again today and it wouldn't send. After checking my account it seems the international calls has been auto set to blocked again. Please can someone let me know how I set it permanently too allowed. I have a roam further add on on my account so I am not incurring huge charges.

6 REPLIES 6
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Sending texts from USA

If you can't set the Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate settings yourself you will need to call EE to do it for you..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by CathrynK Investigator
Investigator

Hi thanks for getting in touch. Would I find these in Settings?

I don't seem to have them but I can't call EE as I am already abroad and my international calls are also blocked (so frustrating especially as I didn't ask for this to be put on my account in the first place).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you on contract or PAYG?

They are to be found under Manage Device of a online contract MyEE. PAYG is auto enabled for roaming. You don't have these settings..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello @CathrynK

Thanks for coming to the community.

Are you able to receive calls and texts?

If not, do you have another UK mobile that can receive calls?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by CathrynK Investigator
Investigator

Hi Leanne

Thank you - I was able to resolve this today on the live chat.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CathrynK

Thanks for coming back to me.

Glad this is all resolved for you.

Have a great time 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.