by Aillububble Investigator
Investigator

Sending texts and making calls

My phone is not sending any of my texts (simply states they could not send) and is saying that outward calls are barred and so they are not going through to anyone. I am abroad at the moment, however I can and have been recieving texts and calls have been coming through, so I'm guessing it's not a signal issue? I'm not able to call customer services due to this, so hopefully someone can help. Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Sending texts and making calls

@Aillububble wrote:

My phone is not sending any of my texts (simply states they could not send) and is saying that outward calls are barred and so they are not going through to anyone. I am abroad at the moment, however I can and have been recieving texts and calls have been coming through, so I'm guessing it's not a signal issue? I'm not able to call customer services due to this, so hopefully someone can help. Thanks. 

As I am not abroad I am unable to say if this will work. But you may be able to contact customer service through the Live Chat service. The link to this is below 🙂

http://ee.co.uk/help/getting-started/joining-ee/ee-live-chat

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Aillububble

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community today. Smiley Happy

It sounds like you have roaming enabled on your account but the international calling bar is still enabled which needs to be disabled before you can make calls and send text messages. Smiley Happy

There are a few things you can try before contacting customer services. These are:

1. Make sure when you send a text message or make a call, you drop the 0 and replace this with +44. For example, 07973100150 would become +447973100150
  2. Try manually selecting another network, you can do this in your phone settings

If you are still having problems after you've tried these, do contact customer service using @Fatboy71's advise above. Smiley Happy

I hope you have a safe and wonder trip abroad. Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Aillububble

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

I see you've been given some brilliant advice from @Fatboy71 and @Inyourbox, how did you get on with that? Is everything working?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris 🙂

Investigator

As I was abroad and I was having this problem I was unable to contact customer services, as to do this you needed to call or text, both of which were not working. I tried to find the live chat but could not see the option, though advice was very helpful.
I had been abroad previously with this contract and didn't have the same problem, that's why I was so confused as there was no bar then on international calls and texts.
I am back in the UK now anyway, but couldn't manage to sort the problem for the week. Thanks everyone for the help. I'll make sure to contact customer services and have the bar removed for future travels!
by

Thanks for coming back to us @Aillububble

Please do give us a call and we can make sure everything is set up for you for your next trip.

I hope you had a lovely time and thanks for coming here.

Investigator

Will do! Thanks for the help everyone!
by

Np problem @Aillububble

Come back anytime 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.