by Chaz2
Explorer

Sendin a text from abroad do I need to put roaming to 'on' in my phone settings?

I am going abroad this weekend, I have text 150 and it has confirmed my roaming is active. When I go away do I change my roaming settings to 'roaming' in my phone settings to be able to send a text? I dont want to use data abroad I only want to send texts. If roaming is on will I incur data charges even if I do not use the internet?

4 REPLIES 4
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Sendin a text from abroad do I need to put roaming to 'on' in my phone setti

Hello @Chaz2 for T-Mobile & Orange you may be charged for having data roaming active yes but not EE as the system does not let your device access data services unless you have purchased a data roaming add on. As long as roaming is active you should be able to call & text (also chargeable) but you may need to switch off call barring if you have an Android device. :):

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-using-your-phone-abroad

by Chaz2
Explorer

Re: Sendin a text from abroad do I need to put roaming to 'on' in my phone setti

Thats brilliant!! Thank you so much for your help!! 😊

by Profile closed
Not applicable

You are welcome @Chaz2 come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Put Roaming (in general) ON if there is a setting for it but keep Data Roaming OFF.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.