Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Select specific roam network

I am planning to travel to Greece for two months. I will be in a village that I know that only Cosmote has an acceptable signal. 

So my questions are:

1. How can I force the selection to a specific network during roaming?
  2. How can I check if Cosmote is in the roaming partners of EE? The same question applies also for other countries. How I can find roaming partners in countries that I am travelling. In the past most network providers they had a drop-down list but not anymore. 

In my last travel (three months ago) to Greece, I noticed that I wasn't able to manually roam to Cosmote network. That wasn't the case a year ago. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Select specific roam network

Hi @ioannisa 

Q1: This depends what phone you're using, but generally - go into your network settings, and there will be an option for "manual selection" or maybe "search for networks", or "automatic selection".

Q2: It's a bit old, but this lists all of EE's 4G roaming partners, as far as I know there isn't a published list of all the available networks globally.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @ioannisa 

Q1: This depends what phone you're using, but generally - go into your network settings, and there will be an option for "manual selection" or maybe "search for networks", or "automatic selection".

Q2: It's a bit old, but this lists all of EE's 4G roaming partners, as far as I know there isn't a published list of all the available networks globally.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

thanks a lot. It would have been great if EE was publishing and keep updated a roaming partners list. 

I am pretty sure that last time I tried to force the manual selection to Cosmote for Greece and the phone wasn't registering with the network so I switched back to automatic. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions