by alina_patelli
Explorer

Samsung S3 does not connect to mobile network in Hungary

Hi,

I've never had problems with roaming before - it worked seamlessly in Romania, France and Germany. Now, I'm in Hungary for the week and my phone won't connect to any mobile network, so I can't make any calls or send texts. I've tried connecting to a mobile network manually (there are a few options listed) but after minutes of wheel spinning, I get the same "unable to register on network" message. I already did the usual stuff such as turning the phone off and on and making sure the SIM card is properly slotted in. It's still not registering on any network. Would anyone be able to help, please?

Thanks,

Alina

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Samsung S3 does not connect to mobile network in Hungary

Good morning @alina_patelli

Welcome to community and it's great to have you as a member 🙂

Have you checked out our charges and Add ons information for HUNGARY at all?

Please have a look if you get a chance so you can see what is available to you.

My gut feeling is that there may be an international call restriction on the line and I'd love to help.

Just to make sure that this doesn't happen again, please check out our EE Roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad post.

Can you confirm are you a pay monthly personal or a pay as you go EE customer?

I look forward to your reply

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by alina_patelli
Explorer

Hi Richard_C,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm ok with the costs of making calls on roaming - unfortunatelly, I can't do that, since I can't connect to any of the available Hungarian networks. My mobile data is activated, all the phone settings are in place (roaming has always worked before, in all the other countries I've visited). I am on a plan that i pay for monthly.

All the best,

Alina

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @alina_patelli

I have sent you a private message here with a link to speak to our service chat team.

They should hopefully be able to sort this out.

Please ask them to check for any international call barring.

Let me know the outcome.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.