by DarioMrles1995 Investigator
Investigator

SIM card issue

Good afternoon. Some days ago  bought one EE SIM card at one shop at Stansted Airport. At that shop i was told that with the payment, the number would top up automatically and i have just to put the SIM card at the phone, and start to make calls and receive them either. The problem is that i can't receive calls and send calls neither. When the people try to call me, the voicemail acts automatically and i receive a message as i had a misscall. and when i try to call, for one second it appears in line but then, not anymore. I have checked that signal is full, the roaming service is on (cause i am at Spain) and i have tried in different phones as well. The phone number with the issue is this one: xxxxxxxxxx.

If you have any solution, pleas let me know at my email: xxxxxx@xxxxxxx

[Mod edit: Please do not share personal details as your posts are visible to the public. Thanks!]

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: SIM card issue

Hi @DarioMrles1995,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did you use the SIM in the UK before you travelled to Spain?

As @Northerner mentioned, new SIM cards need to be connected to the EE network in the UK before they can be used abroad.

Thanks

James

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @DarioMrles1995 

EE Sims are designed for the UK network not abroad, although they have roaming ability. You also need to activate PAYG Sims in the UK.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
Solution

Hi @DarioMrles1995,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Did you use the SIM in the UK before you travelled to Spain?

As @Northerner mentioned, new SIM cards need to be connected to the EE network in the UK before they can be used abroad.

Thanks

James

Investigator

I got it, i should have tried first before travelling but i bought it just before taking plane and i didn't think about it. But thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards

Investigator

I got it, i should have tried first before travelling but i bought it just before taking plane and i didn't think about it. But thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards 

by

No problem @DarioMrles1995

I'm sorry we weren't able to help on this occasion.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.