by An11

Roaming

Hi. Tomorrow i m go holiday for two weeks and I want to know if it’s possible of course, can I use my phone roaming in the country when I m go? For example Romania. Or if it’s possible to change my SIM card in Romania for use Romanian card sim and when I m back in UK use again this my card sim ? Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming

Yes, it is part of EU. You may use your usual allowances there with up to 15 GB data per billing month if you have more.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to check roaming is enabled on your account.

You could also use a Romanian SIM, but your phone would need to be unlocked for that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, it is part of EU. You may use your usual allowances there with up to 15 GB data per billing month if you have more.

If you are on contract, remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to check roaming is enabled on your account.

You could also use a Romanian SIM, but your phone would need to be unlocked for that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @An11

Welcome to the community 🙂

That's great advice from @XRaySpeX for using your phone in Romania 🙂

You will be able to use your minutes, texts and up to 15GB of data, no need to use another SIM 🙂

If you have a pay monthly account, make sure you are set up to use your phone in France.

To do this log into your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate> They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

Have a fab time in Romania 🙂

Let us know if you have any questions.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.