by snow Investigator
Investigator

Roaming

Hi, I have just moved to EE and didn't realise I had to text "roaming" to 150 before going abroad.

I am abroad now and get the message calls barred. Can I activate roaming online?

I have looked at my account but can't find the option anywhere. Looking at some old posts on the internet it sounds like it is possible. Hope someone can put me in the right direction.

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Roaming

Hi, @snow in your my ee app you can turn on International calling and roaming as well.

Thanks 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @snow

Welcome to the community. Whereabouts in the world are you now?

As @tahirmian said, you may be able to turn roaming and international calling on through your My EE app.

You could also try through your My EE account online.

Let us know how you're getting on. 😄

Chris

by snow Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

thank you for your replies. I have tried online and also downloaded the app but can still not find anywhere I can accept roaming in order to make and receive calls abroad! Iam currently in Greece.

Would someone be able to talk me through it step by step please. I am on basic Pay as you go. Does this make a difference?

Thank you.

by

Hi there @snow

Thanks for coming back to us.

If you have a pay as you go account this should be set up for you to use abroad, you would not need to activate roaming.

Have you used the SIM card in the UK before you travelled?

Leanne.

by snow Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I have just been transferred from Orange to the EE platform two weeks ago. I still have my Orange Payg SIM card.

i left the UK a couple of days after the transfer so the first time I tried calling and texting after the transfer was when I arrived in Greece!

I have never had a problem with the SIM card before when I was abroad.

Kind regards

by

Thanks for coming back to me @snow

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.