by fsmla3
Explorer

Roaming not working in France

This pertains to ticket EEIM1098253 which remains unresolved by Level 2.  I am about to just give up and initiate a credit card dispute but will try this one last thing.  EE on Twitter keeps telling me to call, however this is 25p a pop and I have already run down a third of my minutes calling with no results.  I am unable to use chat support as a pay as you go customer.  I have an iPhone 7 with a pay as you go SIM and according to EE level 2 it should be roaming fine but data is not working in France on either roaming partner, Orange or Bouygues.  There is a valid data package with EU roaming. I have the most recent EE carrier settings and iOS. I have reset network settings to clear any existing APN profiles. Roaming is enabled. I have tried both 3g and 4g on both networks. I have tried manual network selection and automatic network selection.  In all cases the message is “could not activate cellular data network you are not subscribed to a cellular data service.”

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming not working in France

Can you make & receive calls & texts?

I'm worried that you have cleared your APN. You need your EE APN to be set. Perhaps that's what it means by "you are not subscribed to a cellular data service”.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fsmla3

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear of your situation.

Could you get back to us answering @XRaySpeX's question? 

He could be on to something.

Chris

by fsmla3
Explorer

I can make calls and texts fine.

the APN settings have been cleared and reset several times. I have re-installed the current EE carrier settings, several times, which set the APN information.

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming that @fsmla3

My only advice now would be to await the technical support level 2 team investigating the issue and getting back to you.

If you'd like an update on what is happening with it, please give them a call.

Please keep us updated on what happens.

Thanks.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.