by paxmonger Investigator
Investigator

Roaming not working in Croatia

I arrived in Croatia yesterday and can't use data or send messages. I did recieve a text message saying I would be able to roam for free, however.

My roaming is turned on. I've received text messages from people, but I'm not able to send anything (including to 150).

I'm not sure whether to bother renewing my pay as you go pack for my travels if I'm not going to be able to use my data.

If anyone can help me, that would be so very appreciated!

Jess

11 REPLIES 11
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Roaming not working in Croatia

Hi @paxmonger

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

I hope you are enjoying Croatia?

Please see our Roaming with EE - What to do if you're having problems abroad support article and some of the hints/tips and tricks may just help you.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi @Richard_C, thanks for your reply!

I've just had a look at the link you sent and given the hints and tips a go, but none of them are making any difference.

Is there anything else you can suggest? I was in Croatia a few weeks ago and it was working fine then.

Cheers! 🙂

by

Hi @paxmonger

Thanks for getting back to me 🙂

Did you top up before you went away?

Have you tried a manual network search?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

I've been on the road for a few months now and it's worked fine in all countries it should have, apart from Croatia now.

Tried the manual network search. Gave me three options, I tried with each one and no luck.

I haven't topped up yet but my pack doesn't renew for a couple of days. I still have loads of data available to me (in theory) at the moment. I'm not sure if I want to top up for my pack to renew if I'm not going to be able to use the data I pay for.

by

Hi @paxmonger

What happens wen you try to connect to the Croatian network? Does it come up with a signal?

Could you try turning 4G off and re-testing? Sometimes this can affect the data connection when roaming.

Let me know if this helps.

Chris

Investigator

Hiya,

It comes up with signal for a network, but no connection or signal to the data network (if that makes sense).

I've tried switching it to 2g and 3g as recommended, but it's still not making any difference.

by

Yes, I think it does @paxmonger.

Could you try and check your add-on status please (when not on WiFi)?

Thanks

Chris

Investigator

I can't check my add on status when not on WiFi, unfortunately. I'm not able to do so on the app or in a webbrowser.

I get the message "You're our of signal" - although I'm getting full bars of reception. It just doesn't seem to connect to data in any way.

by

That's very unusual, @paxmonger.

I'm no further forward in trying to figure out what is causing the problem.

Clearly your phone is set up for roaming as you used it in other countries before Croatia.

We definitely have an agreement with the networks in Croatia too.

I can only recommend getting in contact with our customer service team from another phone.

Hopefully, they will be able to shed some light on this and get you connected.

Please let me know how you get on, I'd love to know what happened.

Chris

Investigator

Thanks for trying Chris. It has actually worked in Croatia before - I was here just a week ago. I'm not sure what's going on.

Is there a way I can contact customer services for free? I was trying to do the live chat before but couldn't for the life of me work out where it was, despite following directions...

I'm also not sure whether or not to top up my phone again. As a traveller, I have to be careful with spending money and I really can't afford to buy a product I can't use right now when I could be eating dinner instead. (I like dinner. It's good.)

Cheers

by

I understand, it's always good to be able to eat. 🙂

I don't want to 100% confirm that it will work if you top up as we don't have control over any other network than our own.

Also, I don't have access to your account so cannot confirm the status of it.

The live chat service team can only help with pay monthly account queries, the only way to contact the pay as you go team is by phone.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.