by Lolobeize Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in republic of ireland

I spend a lot of time in the Republic of Ireland, and where I travel to only has Vodafone IE coverage. I am not able to connect to this network, despite numerous calls to both EE and Vodafone IE (both of whom say it's the other networks fault) this has never been resolved. 

I've tried with all 3 options (2, 3 and 4g) and I know the Vodafone network is working as other people with me can use the network. 

This has been a consistent issue for the last year or 2. and I would like some form of explanation why this is happening (and only as an EE user - my other half is an O2 user and has been able to connect fine.)

The only time in recent visits that I've been able to connect to Vodafone IE was following a 90 minute call with EE, being told that it was Vodafone's fault and there was nothing they could do, to then find immediately after the call that it 'magically' started working.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Roaming in republic of ireland

Hi @Lolobeize

Unfortunately, I could not comment on partner agreements as there could be a number of reasons why we would be able to use the roaming network.

I could only apologize for this information you have been given previously.

Many thanks,

Lee

7 REPLIES 7
by
EE Employee

Hi and welcome to the community @Lolobeize

So I can try and assist, are you unable to connect to Vodafone IE no matter what location or just the one particular area?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee,

This happens with Vodafone IE no matter where in Ireland I am. When I am in areas that other networks providers cover (O2 IRl, Meteor etc) I can pick up their networks without issue.

The area that I visit is covered only by Vodafone IE - so not being able to connect at all causes issues. 

I know that the vodafone ie network is up and running(the people I visit are all on that network) and I know that others can connect to it (my boyfriend is on O2 in the UK and was able to connect to Vodafone IE without any issue on all of our trips)

This seems to be a specific issue with EE allowing access to Vodafone IE.

To further clarify - I have tried resetting my phone, closing all networks and retrying, even using different handsets - but on all occassions I get a message that I cannot connect to Vodafone.

Laura

by
EE Employee

Hi @Lolobeze

I have looked into this further and can see we don't partner with Vodafone IE whilst roaming in Ireland.

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Thanks @Lee_H

Can you tell me why - as well as why I have contacted EE repeatedly over the last couple of years about this issue and never been given any details? 

Until recently (with the EU roaming coming into place) I was paying for add ons that never worked, and it was implied that it was either mine or Vodafones fault - not that EE would not let me connect!

Im really disappointed in this service - and if it isn't something resolvable, then it may be time to find another provider!

Laura

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Lolobeize

Unfortunately, I could not comment on partner agreements as there could be a number of reasons why we would be able to use the roaming network.

I could only apologize for this information you have been given previously.

Many thanks,

Lee

by Sraithini

Hi Lee, 

this is issue of roaming in Ireland has it been resolved have you worked with other partners as I have zero coverage with Eir I can’t get a phone call or text. 

So in my case which is another on your growing list what can you do to help please. 

Many thanks 

Marcus 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sraithini

Thanks for coming here 🙂

Can you select a different network, does this work for you?

Have you just arrived in Ireland?

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.