by mattp2k15 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in bulgaria

Hi there,

I’m going to Bulgaria for a week, in a little over 10 days time, but I’m staying in Sozopol, which I’ve heard is an hour from the Turkish border.

is there a chance I could inadvertently roam on to a Turkish network? Would I need to select a Bulgarian network manually?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming in bulgaria

@mattp2k15   I very much doubt.  As that would be at least 50-70 miles.   How far away is it because a hour away depends on how fast you was travelling. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Safest is to manually select a Bulgarian network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @mattp2k15

Welcome to the community. 🙂

If you left your phone on automatic selection mode and accidentally pick up a Turkish network, it would only be a problem for making and receiving calls & texts. I'd recommend checking which network you're connected before making/receiving a call or sending a text so that you're not charged.

Your phone wouldn't automatically use mobile data, as you'd have to add an add-on for Turkey in order for it to work.

However, probably safest to manually connect to a Bulgarian network. That way you don't have to worry about this at all and enjoy your holiday. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.