Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in USA

Hi can I use a Roam Further add-on on a sim only 4GEE plan? I've logged into my account and tried to turn on International Roaming but it says it could not be activated. My phone has Roaming switched on. Do I need to buy the add-on first, then go to my account?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming in USA

Yes, if it's a 12-month SIM-Only phone Plan.

Remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to check roaming is enabled on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, if it's a 12-month SIM-Only phone Plan.

Remember to text ROAMING to 150 before you leave UK to check roaming is enabled on your account.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks XRaySpeX .

Yes, I text 150 and the reply said Roam Anywhere was on. That's what confused me when I logged on to my account and saw the International Roaming tab was off.

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Moocher2

Since your last post have you been able to activate Roaming through your My EE?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie Yes thanks, I bought the Roam Further add-on from my account and I've had a text message saying it's active. Although on my account page it still says International Roaming is off, I rang 150 and was assured roaming is active and the add-on is working. We'll find out when I reach the States 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions