by Andyb5 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in USA

Hi

I've just had conflicting advice from customer services.

I wanted to upgrade to one of the 4G Max plans so that my family and I could share the data whilst on holiday in the states during the summer.

My wife and 2 children are all sharers on my account. I had read on this site that data would be available to them in the states. However customer services are adamant that data is only shared whilst in the UK. Their advice to me was to upgrade to the 4G Max plan and then tether all of the families phones to my phone (data hotspot). In my mind this isn't a great solution as they would always need to be near my phone etc.

Please could some one from EE give some clear advice on this subject as customer services are struggling to understand or give clear advice.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Roaming in USA

Hi @Andyb5

I'm really sorry about this - just in case I've just double checked all our T&C's and internal info.

It's in the Pay Monthly T&C's under The 4GEE Plan and 4GEE Max Plan on Sharer section.

I'll get both bits of feedback sent to the relevant teams.

I'll send you a Private Message to get some additional details.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

8 REPLIES 8
by
EE Employee

Good Afternoon @Andyb5

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

I've double checked for you - and yes if you're on a new Max Plan your sharers will also be able to use data in the states.

It is data only that they'll be able to use inclusively, up to the fair usage of 15GB.

I do apologise for the incorrect info given.

Hope this helps!

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Karen_C, Would the same apply if you have a shared plan 4GEE extra when in Europe be able to share data, by any chance?

by Andyb5 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Karen

Is there no way you can feed this info back to your customer service teams.

I tried pointing out this info on these forums and they just wouldn't believe me.

Its quite frustrating..

Many thanks for the quick response.

Andy

by
EE Employee

Hi @Schockwave

Yeah - Sharers take the properties of the leader on the account when it comes to data.

@Andyb5

Yes I will certainly feed this back.

I completely understand your frustrations.

No problem at all - enjoy your day.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Thank you @Karen_C, good to know, as if and when I go abroad, I can continue sharing my data plan with my I-Pad Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

by
EE Employee

You certainly can @Schockwave

No bother at all!

Smiley Very Happy

by Andyb5 Investigator
Investigator

Karen - can you help I've just tried to upgrade to 4G Max through the on-line chat process and here is the responses I have received:-

"I am sorry if you were informed like this, but sharer contracts can share the benefits in UK only. You can check the information in terms and condition of EE."

"I'm sorry if you were not expecting this information, unfortunately shared contracts can't share the benefits in roaming."

"I wish if I could change this condition, unfortunately it's out of my limit."

So basically I no further forward with upgrading as they are still adamant I cant use the 4G Max plan this way.

Is there a UK based phone number I could contact to speak to someone who has your level of knowledge.

Andy

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @Andyb5

I'm really sorry about this - just in case I've just double checked all our T&C's and internal info.

It's in the Pay Monthly T&C's under The 4GEE Plan and 4GEE Max Plan on Sharer section.

I'll get both bits of feedback sent to the relevant teams.

I'll send you a Private Message to get some additional details.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.