by freeman3030 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in USA on a 4GEE Max plan

Hi,

I've just had an experience with a Live Chat advisor. I was enquiring about using data abroad and initially very helpful and told me that I could use 500mb of data for £4 per day. He also recommended to turn off voicemail (which I did - no problem!)

Anyhow to activate the 'Travel Plan' so to speak, I had to text TRAVEL to 150.

I did this and then got a text back saying "Sorry, Travel Data is not avaliable on your price plan"

So I went back to the advisor and told him, to which he said, It's because your was on a 4GEE Max plan and that option was not avaliable to me, dispite telling me that I could use that plan/add on. So I went on to discuss any other options I've got and he said, use local Wifi and then closed the chat session.

I'm furious! All I want is some assistance on how much its going to cost me to use data in new york. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming in USA on a 4GEE Max plan

That's strange! The Travel Data Pass should be available to EE Extra plans. In fact it is only unavailable to PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by freeman3030 Investigator
Investigator

I know, I thought that too but if I text TRAVEL to 150 it says Sorry data travel pass is not available on your price plan.

If I text ROAMING to 150 is says that my phone's all set up to use abroad and to just restart it when I arrive in the country I'm travelling to.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

That's strange! The Travel Data Pass should be available to EE Extra plans. In fact it is only unavailable to PAYG.

From EE:

Travel Data Pass is not currently available to customers on 4GEE plans, Max Plans or mobile broadband/mobile WiFi plans.

It seems to be plans that have inclusive EU roaming on don't let you add Travel Data Pass. 

Works fine on my standard sim only monthly plan. It's the one reason I'm holding off renewing my contract.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.