by joshcf
Visitor

Roaming in Quebec, Canada

Hi,

We are currently in Canada, driving around the Gaspe Peninsular in Quebec Provence.

Our 2 phones (iPhone 6 & 6S Plus) were working fine (voice and data) until we got part way around the Peninsular. Since then, the iPhone 6 has shown ”No service” and the 6S Plus has shown a strong signal connecting to Bell, but no data at all.

On paper, it would appear both phone should support all the frequencies in use by Bell Canada, so I am confuesed as to why one phone doesn’t connect at all and why the other connects to Bell, but does not get any data connection.

I have tried to manually connect the phone to the other network in the area (Telus), but that won’t connect at all.

Both Phones are on a Max plan that started in Jan 2018.

I would have called 150 from one of the phones, but I’m not clear if this is free or not when roaming in Canada with my plan. 

1 REPLY 1
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Roaming in Quebec, Canada

Hi @joshcf

Welcome to the community, that sounds like a brilliant trip!

There could be a few reasons for this, but as the phone worked in other areas of Canada, the phone is definitely set up for roaming.

Calls to 150 are free as you're in a Max Plan country, I recommend getting in touch with technical support who'll do their best to get you re-connected.

Let us know what happens.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.