by baldingandgrey Investigator
Investigator

Roaming in Ireland

Hi,

My Parents are experiencing problems with their ee pay as you go sims when they are in Southern Ireland. They have called customer services twice and have been assured both times that their roaming is enabled by the advisor. However they are still unable to make calls when in Ireland. They both have credit and have followed the steps the advisor gave them, switch phone off then on again go into network settings, scan for a network and select a network and have checked that theres no call blocking enabled. Yet they are still unable to make calls.

Any advice would be helpful.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming in Ireland

Roaming should be auto enabled for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @baldingandgrey,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What happens when they try to make a call?

Can they receive calls?

Thanks

James

Investigator

One says cannot connect your call and the other says the server was unable to connect. They cannot receive calls either. Would data roaming have to be enabed, I dont see why as they are not trying to connect to the internet.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not Data roaming but roaming in general that's enabled for PAYG.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @baldingandgrey

Just checking in on this one to see if your parents can make calls yet?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

No they are still unable to make calls. It was never a problem with their orange pay as you go sims, just the EE ones.

by

Hi @baldingandgrey

I know this sounds a little obvious, however I will ask the following questions to rule some things out.

Have they both tried switching the phones off and on again?

Have they attempted to perform a manual network search?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Yes they have done both steps several times. Please see my first post for what steps they have taken.

by

Please accept my apologies @baldingandgrey

I would advise them to make contact with our Technical support team to try and look further into this for you.

Thanks

Richard

🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.