by Lukehinckley Investigator
Investigator

Roaming error 10

Just bought a new contract on Saturday and travel to Italy the next day. PAC code has changed over the number but I can't call or text anyone. 

9 REPLIES 9
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Roaming error 10

Morning @Lukehinckley

Thanks for coming to the community.

Do you get the error when you try and make a call or send a text?

Is there signal showing on your phone?

Also, can you receive calls and texts?

Hope you are having a lovely time.

Leanne.

Investigator

Yes I have service and I can receive calls and text. It fails to send a text and comes up with error 10. When I try to make a call, I think it goes to an Italian message than I can't understand, pretty sure it's some type of voice message

by

Hi @Lukehinckley

Thanks for the quick reply.

It sounds like your calling abroad and premium rate calling has not been activated,

To do this log into My EE account online and go to Menu > Manage Device > Call abroad and Premium rate calls > This will show as ticked if you're set up for making calls when abroad.

Can select this option and turn this to on? It can take 24 hours to activate.

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lukehinckley : Are the failed calls & texts to the UK?

Did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK by texting ROAMING to 150?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your MyEE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium Rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks I have done that and I'll wait and see if it works. Thanks again

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Thanks @Lukehinckley

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Have a lovely time in Italy!

Leanne.

Investigator

I didn't activate roaming before I left the UK. I have done what you said by ticking the roaming charge on my ee. Whenever I log back into it, it's back to a red X so I have to tick it again and it keeps saying may take 24hrs

by

Morning @Lukehinckley

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details, to help get this looked into for you 🙂

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.