by Semir0undel Investigator
Investigator

Roaming enabled but calls barred in Spain

Hi all, I know it's been asked many times here before but the only answers I found was an agent saying that they'll send a PM to rectify the situation.

I know I need to call customer services but clearly can't do that, so could an agent please PM me so I can get the phone un-barred?

Many thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Investigator
Solution

Re: Roaming enabled but calls barred in Spain

Hi all, just to say, it took a day but eventually it got sorted.

As I alluded to in my first post, this is not something that can be solved here directly if you have roaming already enabled and all the phone's settings are in accordance to what is mentioned here on the forum.

An agent needs to call you and after security questions they and only they can un-barr your outgoing calls and texts.

It does take however, one of the helpful assistants here to get in contact with those agents to facilitate that, so thanks to Christopher G.

My only criticsm of this forum is that I found it difficult to follow my own threads or even find my PM's (there appears to be no tabs to do that), maybe I'm just having a senior day!

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

If on contract, did you activate roaming on your EE a/c before you left UK?

Often just rebooting the phone is the simple remedy. Otherwise try logging into your My EE account online & go to Menu / Manage Device / Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate. They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated. If they are not ticked, can you activate these settings?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Semir0undel

Please follow the fantastic advice from @XRaySpeX and log into your My EE account. You should be able to activate roaming and international calls on there.

Are you able to receive calls?

Chris

Investigator

Hi Xray, yesterday I checked the settings and the only one that wasn't allowed was the calling abroad/premium.

The roaming etc was already on.

I changed the setting for calling abroad/premium to "allowed" and it informed me that it may take up to 24 hrs and was greyed out despite showing allowed, presumably because it was pending.

So you can imagine my frustration when this morning I find that setting BARRED again!

by

Thanks for confirming that, @Semir0undel.

It could be that it's just processing in the background.

Are you able to receive calls?

Chris

Investigator

Thanks Chris, yes, I'm able to receive calls ok, am a bit puzzled as to why that setting is not still greyed out as it was when I activated it rather than going back to red and saying "barred".

Many thanks.

by

OK thanks @Semir0undel.

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Chris

Investigator

@Christopher_G

I sent pm to you with my mobile number and my partner's mobile as there's no direct line in our holiday home.

Thanks.

Investigator
Solution

Hi all, just to say, it took a day but eventually it got sorted.

As I alluded to in my first post, this is not something that can be solved here directly if you have roaming already enabled and all the phone's settings are in accordance to what is mentioned here on the forum.

An agent needs to call you and after security questions they and only they can un-barr your outgoing calls and texts.

It does take however, one of the helpful assistants here to get in contact with those agents to facilitate that, so thanks to Christopher G.

My only criticsm of this forum is that I found it difficult to follow my own threads or even find my PM's (there appears to be no tabs to do that), maybe I'm just having a senior day!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Click on your avatar

Semir0undel at top L of this page:
  1. Click envelope for PMs.
  2. Click "My Profile" for your posts.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by

Hi @Semir0undel.

Thanks for letting us know that you got your problem resolved 🙂

The reply from @Christopher_G had a contextualised link that would take you straight to your private messages, just in case you get a similar message in future 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.