by Profile closed
Not applicable

Roaming destinations such as Canary Islands are now countries? ;)

https://shop.ee.co.uk/international/travelling-abroad#destinations1

I know some would argue that for one reason or another it's acceptable to repeat certain roaming destinations twice (such as Canary Islands, for example), but surely can't call these places separate "countries"? 😉

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming destinations such as Canary Islands are now countries? ;)

@Profile closed  How people search the destinations they go too and not the countries that those destinations belong to will help the user find the information quicker. 

To be totally honest does it really bother you that much ?  What are you trying to achieve.  ?  This is not the first post of like this.    What you perceive as being correct is not always the best way to go about something and to find the information that the end user requires might mean not doing it as you believe it should be done in your opinion. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B Just expressing my opinion, that's all :). In my opinion, Canary Islands isn't a separate country. Neither is Madeira. Or Azores. I might, of course, be wrong.

In my previous post the argument was about listing these places as separate destinations, repeating them twice effectively, which, in my opinion, makes it a bit harder to assess network's "such and such roaming package available in X destinations" as claimed X will be higher than the actual number.

The second post was more about these destinations (whether listed separately or not for convenience or other reasons) being "upgraded" to countries. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   The thing is though it’s not what you believe is correct its what people understand and how people search for stuff that matters, and that’s what really matters people getting the information that they require as quickly as possible without having to go round the houses to get that information.

It’s that simple. 

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Chris_B I wasn't going to argue much about these places being listed separately/repeated twice, although I still don't agree with it. However, Canary Islands, Azores, Madeira, etc. aren't countries. This is just a pure fact, whether this might inconvenience some people or not :).

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed   The thing is though it’s not what you believe is correct its what people understand and how people search for stuff that matters, and that’s what really matters people getting the information that they require as quickly as possible without having to go round the houses to get that information.

It’s that simple. 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Profile closed, I cannot see why this would matter to you, it just makes it easier for customers when checking where they are going which places or countries are included, does it really matter, I think not, as people can easily see which are included.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

@Schockwave it matters because the places that are called "countries" are not countries. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.