by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Roaming - deposit required?

I've been reading the forums and came across by someone who went abroad and found he/she had to pay a deposit for roaming to work, and about which he/she was completely unaware.

Is it all new customers who have to pay a deposit? And if one does need to pay, where is that information communicated? 

I am a new customer, roaming is activated on my online EE account - will I need to pay a deposit to roam in the EU or elsewhere?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming - deposit required?

You'll be OK if texting ROAMING says it's enabled.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It will depend on your credit history/rating - see Security deposits and credit checks from EE . You should still be asked or told of it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks @XRaySpeX, so basically my roaming should work as expected seeing as I have got no notification of any deposit required.

For customers who *are* required to pay a deposit, how is this communicated to them?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi, 

It depends on how your purchased the contract as if in store it should be on your paperwork and explained to you at the time of sake. Equally if purchased online it would be detailed in the purchasing process (small/legal print). 

To check roaming is activated txt ROAMING to 150

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks @Northerner, I bought online and didn't see anything anywhere about a roaming deposit. Roaming is enabled on the EE online account and I texted as you suggested, getting a reply back that it's all set up.

So from what you say, if EE required a deposit from a customer before they could use roaming, then either roaming would not show as enabled on the EE online account or they would get a text mentioning the deposit requirement... as long as roaming shows as activated, then there is no deposit requirement. Correct?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Just to check, you are not on PAYG, are you? Roaming is auto enabled on PAYG as you can't exceed your own credit.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

No, I'm on Pay Monthly, new customer since about 10 days ago.

The only reason I want to clarify this is another post I read where someone thought roaming was on, then went abroad and found out EE required a deposit, so I want to make sure this doesn't happen to me.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

You'll be OK if texting ROAMING says it's enabled.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.