by spottedhaggis
Explorer

Roaming costs question

I see free roaming within the EU, and I see for an extra £10 a month I appear to be able to use roaming in USA, Mexico etc etc, BUT I for one am still unclear on the roaming costs in other countries.

If I am in the middle east, India etc, what is the roaming cost?

I have an EE data sim contract and I have  my main line on Vodafone, and I know for £6 per day I can use my data plan (unlimited) in any country in the world, may seem costly, but if I am not in any of the countries covered by your rules, then I am paying £10 for nothing, plus whatever the actual roaming costs are, while on vodafone when I am in india for a week I know my roaming costs will simply be £6 multiplied by how many days I am in that country.

So, why should I switch from Vodafone to EE?

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming costs question

No particular reason! India is not in EU. You will need to pay the charges as set out in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/india . For other countries click Change country

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by spottedhaggis
Explorer

right, not overly helpful answer to be honest, the link you gave tells me I need to buy a data package, then I am confronted with being offered a pathetic 500M of data for £6, which is exactly the reason I left O2.  Where for the same price with vodafone I get to use my existing data package, whatever that might be, so not really a good deal then.

While on o2 in the middle east my phone/data bill would regularly be in the 4-600 gbp range, now with vodafone its close to 100 max

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well, I can only give you the facts which you didn't know & were asking for to be honest; I don't set the prices.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.