by DawnB1 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming charges

My current roaming charges are less than my normal monthly plan, I'm on a very old plan which suits my needs. Will I be paying more when using my phone in Spain after 15 June?

6 REPLIES 6
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Roaming charges

Hi, 

@DawnB1

After 15,June you can use your phone same as UK in when you traveling Europe. 

There is no extra cost using your UK allowance in Spain after 15 June. 

Please click here  EU roaming  for more details. 

Many Thanks 

by DawnB1 Investigator
Investigator

So I will be paying more to use my phone while abroad than what I currently pay when roaming?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

How can that be?

1. Before 15 June you were paying normal monthly plan + roaming charges (even if < normal monthly plan).
  2. After 15 June you will be paying normal monthly plan + £0 for roaming in EU.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi, 

@DawnB1

For example if you have package plan that gives you 500 minutes, unlimited text, and 2gb data and you pay for this 25 a month  after 15 June you can use all your allowance in Europe same as 25 a month if you don't go over your allowance. 

Many Thanks 

by DawnB1 Investigator
Investigator

I'm on a very old Orange EQ Virgin tariff, I think call charges were 15p per minute and texts 5p while in the UK. I only pay for what I use monthly by direct debit. I use the phone in Spain and only pay 0.015p per text and about 3p per minute for calls. I spend more time in Spain than in the UK so have never wanted to change the plan due to the savings.

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @DawnB1

As far as I'm aware the charges will revert to the standard UK charges.

I will get this double checked for you though.

I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.