by nyousfi Investigator
Investigator

Roaming charges in Spain, do I get charged to call spain on a pay monthly or not

There seems to be a contradiction between 2 websites

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/spain

The above says I can call EE Europe zone for free within my plan and 50p after

And the other website link

https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/calling-abroad-from-the-uk/cou...

Says I get chanrged £1.50 a minute.

Could anyone please clarify?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming charges in Spain, do I get charged to call spain on a pay monthly or

@nyousfi  You can call Spanish a number at no extra charge if your in the EU ( not in the UK ).   If your in the UK calling a  Spanish number you will be charge for an international call.  

Your first link is if your in Spain calling a Spanish number. 

Your 2nd link is the cost to call a Spanish number from the UK 

any calls out of the UK are international calls to foreign numbers and are chargeable.   ( your 2nd link ) 

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming charges in Spain, do I get charged to call spain on a pay monthly or

@nyousfi  You can call Spanish a number at no extra charge if your in the EU ( not in the UK ).   If your in the UK calling a  Spanish number you will be charge for an international call.  

Your first link is if your in Spain calling a Spanish number. 

Your 2nd link is the cost to call a Spanish number from the UK 

any calls out of the UK are international calls to foreign numbers and are chargeable.   ( your 2nd link ) 

by
EE Employee

Hi @nyousfi and welcome to the community.

@Chris_B is indeed correct the first link you referred to is in regards to when your roaming.

The second link is when your calling from the UK to Spain.

Hope that helps,

Lee

by nyousfi Investigator
Investigator

Thank you...

by
EE Employee

No problems @nyousfi

Enjoy your time in Spain 🙂

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not a contradiction but diff situations:

• Ist link is when roaming from Spain.
  • 2nd is International calling abroad from UK. However it does not have to cost £1.50 / min to call Spain from UK. That table is incomplete.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.