by simonhadfield11 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming calls barred

Hello, I'm currently roaming in Denmark ( from the UK ), and I haven't been able to make calls or send messages. I have used a payphone to verify that my account is set up for roaming. On the settings of my phone app I can see that international outgoing calls are barred, and a password is required to change this setting. I have not set up any password. Could anybody help me to find this password or otherwise enable calls and messages?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy A5 on a monthly contract. It has android 6.0.1 installed.

Thanks, Simon

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: Roaming calls barred

Hi @simonhadfield11 and welcome to the community.

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

Please also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using format of 00447*********, did this work?

Also, please let me know If you are using an EE personal or business account as I may be able to assist with our live chat service?

Many thanks,

Lee

Investigator

Hi Lee, 

Thanks for your response. I have tried your suggestion and have the same result when using a different network. A message comes up on my phone saying 'outgoing calls barred'. I should add that incoming calls from the UK and mobile internet are both working fine. Any further suggestions?

Cheers,

Simon

by
EE Employee

Hi @simonhadfield11

It sounds like your international bar is still active.

Are you a personal EE customer?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Yes, I am an EE personal customer.

Cheers,

Simon 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @simonhadfield11

I have sent you a private message here to try and help you further.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.