Highlighted
by
Explorer

Roaming abroad in Australia

Hi all, so i will be visiting Australia in the coming month and just wanted some clarifications regarding the roam further pass.

On my EE contract i have the swapable benefits option, so i was just going to swap one of my current benefits for the roam further pass, however i just want to clarification on exactly what is included with the pass.

With the pass will i be able to call/text and use my data abroad as usual, for example calling Australian numbers etc, also will i be able to call UK numbers with no extra charge and will UK based contacts be able to contact me, without incurring charges?.

Thank you in advance 🙂

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming abroad in Australia

Yes, it includes calls & texts to/from normal landlines & mobiles in Oz as well as those in UK, EU, US, Canada, Mexico & NZ. Also data with up to 50 GB if you have more.

UK callers will not incur any extra charges. It is you that is roaming, not they.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, it includes calls & texts to/from normal landlines & mobiles in Oz as well as those in UK, EU, US, Canada, Mexico & NZ. Also data with up to 50 GB if you have more.

UK callers will not incur any extra charges. It is you that is roaming, not they.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @ali7861

Thanks for coming to the community.

The Roam Further Pass includes calls and texts to the UK, the five extra countries - USA, Canada, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand included and the 48 EU/EEA destinations. You can also use up to 50GB of your data allowance in Australia.

Full information can be found in our EE Roaming - Getting ready to use your phone abroad post.

Before you go make sure you are set up to use your phone abroad by logging into your My EE account online go to Menu > Manage Device > Roaming Abroad and also Call Abroad and Premium rate> They will show as ticked if roaming and calling abroad is activated.

Have an amazing time 🙂

Leanne.

Highlighted
by
Explorer

Hi, thank you for your reply.

So just to confirm, whilst in Australia i will be able to call and text Australian numbers without incurring any additional charges with the roam further pass.

Thank you once again.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, that was what I said.

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Highlighted
by

Hi there @ali7861 

Thanks for coming back to us 🙂

I can see @XRaySpeX has answered your Roam Further Pass question for you, if you have any further questions let us know.

Have a fantastic time.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Sorry to say I’m having contradictory advise from EE depending on who I speak to. Some staff say UK callers to my mobile in Aus will be charged at international rates and others say they will not. Could I have a definitive answer please?

Highlighted
by

Hi @Primescape

If the person calling you is in the UK and calling a UK mobile number, they won't be charged regardless of where the person they are calling is.

If you're using a UK number in Australia, you may pick up an incoming call charge, depending on what plan you are on.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Chris

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Hi Chris, I’ll be on a “roam further pass”, so I can call within Aus and to the UK for no further charge than the £10 for 30 days. Still a bit concerned that different EE people are telling me different things. Could be quite costly to chance it.

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's you that's roaming not they. So why should they suddenly bear a cost just cuz you've taken your UK no. abroad? Stands to reason! Their tariff says that calling UK nos. are included in their allowances. There are no "ifs & buts" that the called no. has to be located in UK at the time of call.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thank you for the info and I know it makes absolute sense. However the fact that EE are telling me the opposite is still concerning.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions