by millicent_g Investigator
Investigator

Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile

I've been roaming in Spain for about a week and just noticed that I am being charged quite a bit for Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile.  When I compare the charge against Voice Call to Intl Mobile when in the UK it is being charged at A LOT more.

This is despite me getting a "welcome to Spain" SMS from EE which says that if I have a pack, free boost or add on, that I can contune to use my allowance in Spain at no extra cost.

I have the call abroad add-on that I think gets me very cheap calls abroad and I was expecting this to continue whilst roaming in the EU.

Am I missing something here?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile

@millicent_g wrote:

Thanks!  I was guessing this but when I received the Welcome text on entering spain, the fact it said the packs, boosts and add-ons all continue I thought this meant i would continue to get charged the same for all packs, boosts and add-ons.

This does not include the CALL ABROAD add-on which is only applicable to International calls & texts made from UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @millicent_g when roaming in Spain calls to numbers outside the EE Europe zone are not included in your allowances and are charged at £1.20/min on EE PAYG:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/spain

by millicent_g Investigator
Investigator

Thanks!  I was guessing this but when I received the Welcome text on entering spain, the fact it said the packs, boosts and add-ons all continue I thought this meant i would continue to get charged the same for all packs, boosts and add-ons.  Smiley Happy  Clearly not Smiley Happy  

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@millicent_g wrote:

Thanks!  I was guessing this but when I received the Welcome text on entering spain, the fact it said the packs, boosts and add-ons all continue I thought this meant i would continue to get charged the same for all packs, boosts and add-ons.

This does not include the CALL ABROAD add-on which is only applicable to International calls & texts made from UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @millicent_g

Thank you for coming to see us in community Smiley Happy

Have you got the answer you were looking for from @tm90 and @XRaySpeX by any chance?

Please let us know if you get a second.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.