by millicent_g Investigator
Investigator

Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile

I've been roaming in Spain for about a week and just noticed that I am being charged quite a bit for Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile.  When I compare the charge against Voice Call to Intl Mobile when in the UK it is being charged at A LOT more.

This is despite me getting a "welcome to Spain" SMS from EE which says that if I have a pack, free boost or add on, that I can contune to use my allowance in Spain at no extra cost.

I have the call abroad add-on that I think gets me very cheap calls abroad and I was expecting this to continue whilst roaming in the EU.

Am I missing something here?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile

@millicent_g wrote:

Thanks!  I was guessing this but when I received the Welcome text on entering spain, the fact it said the packs, boosts and add-ons all continue I thought this meant i would continue to get charged the same for all packs, boosts and add-ons.

This does not include the CALL ABROAD add-on which is only applicable to International calls & texts made from UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hello @millicent_g when roaming in Spain calls to numbers outside the EE Europe zone are not included in your allowances and are charged at £1.20/min on EE PAYG:

http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/spain

by millicent_g Investigator
Investigator

Thanks!  I was guessing this but when I received the Welcome text on entering spain, the fact it said the packs, boosts and add-ons all continue I thought this meant i would continue to get charged the same for all packs, boosts and add-ons.  🙂  Clearly not 🙂  

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

You are welcome. The community is here anytime if there is anything else you would like to know.

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@millicent_g wrote:

Thanks!  I was guessing this but when I received the Welcome text on entering spain, the fact it said the packs, boosts and add-ons all continue I thought this meant i would continue to get charged the same for all packs, boosts and add-ons.

This does not include the CALL ABROAD add-on which is only applicable to International calls & texts made from UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @millicent_g

Thank you for coming to see us in community 🙂

Have you got the answer you were looking for from @tm90 and @XRaySpeX by any chance?

Please let us know if you get a second.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.