by Sammy2412 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming EU

I'm currently travelling in the EU and was shocked to discover the 'technical issue' that is surely costing me and others unfairly over the odds to use data in Europe until 15/6/17....

i was was under the impression that as of 15/6/7, tariffs can be used as normal as if you were at home; however, before than, the normal EE Europass/Eurodata add ons would work. However, when trying to add the 'massive 500MB for £3 a day' I was informed via text this wasn't possible on 'my price-plan and directed me to instead purchase a £12 300MB bundle or a £20 600MB bundle... do the maths...

A call to EE customer service, and was told 'everything becomes free in a few weeks, therefore we are having a few technical issues with some price plans and the eurodata add one. We don't yet have a solution however I will remove the data charges you've already incurred but anymore will be charged'

i need the use of the internet and my data. Therefore I have subsequently had no option but to purchase another 300MB and then today another 150MB costing £17. 

Question: am I wrong to feel hard done by that I have paid £17 over a few days for 450MB when, had There not been a 'technical issue' with the add on, I would've paid just £6? And my charges will continue to increase as I am simply using more than 300MB a day yet the most cost efficient add on for me and the one mostly advertised by EE 'isn't available' to me through no fault of mine.....

i will obviously pay my bill, however will be directing a formal written complaint. 'Everything becomes free on the 15/6/17' is great, but it's not an excuse to charge me in excess of 50% because I chose to go abroad before this date and EE chose not to prepare their systems.

i would welcome EE's thoughts on this.

thank you

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roaming EU

Hi, 

What tariff are you on,  where are you travelling and for how long? Until the 15/6 the same contractual terms on European travel add ons and data will apply. There is no specific account access on these forums so no access to your account. 

We complaints code of practice is here

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Sammy2412

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

I've checked and there are currently no known issues with euro data passes.

What plan are you on?

The euro data pass is only available on certain plans.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Investigator

@Karen_C wrote:

Good Morning @Sammy2412

Welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy

I've checked and there are currently no known issues with euro data passes.

What plan are you on?

The euro data pass is only available on certain plans.

Thanks for the complaints procedure.

im on a 4GEE pay monthly plan. I called prior to travelling and was told about the Euro pass but then tried to activate it and was told it wasn't available on my plan, but I could have the data pass instead. Then when trying to activate this for £3 a day, I was told it wasn't currently available and instead I'd need to pay £12 for 300MB. 

EE themselves then stated when I called I could add none of these bundles, I had to add the ones I'd been offered although your texts sent to me state I'm eligible for this, and the reason was because 'everything becomes free on the 15/6/17- we have a technical issue with some addons in the run up- I'll waive your current charges but any others can't be'

so one EE customer will pay significant over the odds than another. I have an iPhone 7 I pay £50 a month and paid towards the handset, I would consider this to be a plan eligible for the cheaper EU tarrifs.

let me know if you require any further information. 

Thanks

'Sorry, Euro Pass is not available on your price plan. Reply with EURODATA to get a massive 500MB of data a day for £3 a day whilst abroad in our Europe Zone instead.'

Eurodata 

'Sorry, Euro Data Pass is not available on your price plan. You can find details of all our standard roaming add-ons and prices at ee.co.uk/roaming'

Investigator

apologies to northerner :

I am currently in Gran Canaria, I will be returning to the UK on friday but will be moving on to mainland Spain, Portugal, Italy and France shortly after. I have already now spent nearly £35 on data that should've costed less than a tenner.

thanks

by
EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @Sammy2412

The current travel data pass is not compatible with 4GEE Plans or Max Plans.

Sorry you were given incorrect information.

I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some additional details.

Investigator

Hello, 

I am now back in the UK, and yet to receive a response regarding my account and the additional EU charges/Advertisement of services not available to me at the advertised cost and at a massively inflated premium/incorrect information provided by customer service = Nightmare trying to remain 'contactable' whilst abroad and alone. 

I have forwarded a formal written complaint copied to the relevant regulatory bodies.

Thank you for your assistance. 

by
EE Employee

Good Morning @Sammy2412

Really sorry you haven't been contacted - I'll chase this up for you.

Did you manage to get back up and running for calls whilst you were away?

How long were you out of the UK for?

Investigator

Hi, thanks for the response .

the call issue was intermittent however I returned to the UK soon after so have yet to try it again. I had been out for around 15 days but am due to leave again in the next few days and will no doubt still be unable to take advantage of the offers I'm being sent via text and proceeding to pay double.....

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Sammy2412.

Thank you for confirming.

I will pass this information on to Karen.

She is chasing this for you.

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.