by sar3 Investigator
Investigator

Roaming Charges for Data in Denmark this week

I'm a pay as you go user with and bought this add-on on June 16th "500MB UK data, 3G and 4G, for up to 30 days" and also have credit for calls and text. This week while traveling in Denmark I've been charge with Roaming Data Usage, Roaming Text Messages and Roaming Voice Call to Intl Mobile (for a call to Aus). 

I expected the data usage to come out of the data add on! 

Not sure about the text and calls, are they considered "roaming" charges still given I'm in the EU?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Roaming Charges for Data in Denmark this week

Hi @sar3

By the text message you have posted this does look like data is coming out of the bundle.

The bundle will be valid for roaming in the UK and EU as per the new roaming regulations.

Many thanks,

Lee

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Good Morning @sar3

Thanks for joining the EE Community! Smiley Happy

Only calls and texts within the EU are included within your inclusive minutes and texts.

Your data should of come out of your allowance as well - did you have to purchase data roaming bundle?

All the information can be found on the Roaming on EE pay as you go page.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy 

by sar3 Investigator
Investigator

Appreciate the quick reply Karen!

When i purchased the add on i selected it under the heading "UK & EU Data". It's called 500MB data add-on, 500MB UK data, 3G and 4G, for up to 30 days. 

If I should've come out of the allowance, how do i go about fixing this?

Thanks

by
EE Employee

No problem at all @sar3

You can only use data if you have a bundle so it should of come out of the bundle.

What do the charges show as?

If you text BA to 150 what does it say?

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by sar3 Investigator
Investigator

The charges show as Roaming Data Usage. 

When selecting the data add on via the EE website, the heading says "UK & EU DATA". Seems a bit misleading that if you purchase a data add on from there it's only valid in the UK. 

I'm not sure what a bundle is? 

When I text BA to 150 this is the reply "Your current balance as of today 15:50 is £15.28. You have 367MB remaining until 16/07/2017 for your 500MB 30 day add-on. Your last top up was £15.00 on 23/06/2017 at 07:48. Get UNLIMITED minutes, texts & data for 1 day for only £3! Reply ONE until midnight 28/6 to get this amazing offer!"

Many thanks

by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi @sar3

By the text message you have posted this does look like data is coming out of the bundle.

The bundle will be valid for roaming in the UK and EU as per the new roaming regulations.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.