cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roam Further no longer works

TagMax
Investigator
Investigator

I have used Roam Further many times by texting ROAM FURTHER and then STOP ROAM FURTHER when I'm done, to 150

This time though it has stopped working as self-service, if you text either command to 150 it now just gives you a list of commands and tells you about the 150 service, but doesn't enable anything

Wondering why this has stopped working, the help guides still say that texting ROAM FURTHER to 150 is the correct way to do this: https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/passes/what-is-the-roam-further-pass

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: Phoned customer service who manually enabled Roam Further for me while on the call

They mentioned that the self-serve systems were updated about 6 weeks ago and it looks like Roam Further might not have been implemented properly on the new system... surprised no-one else has mentioned it?

The lovely rep raised a note to engineering to let them know that self service doesn't seem to be working, hopefully they fix it soon

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You have switched from contract to PAYG. There's no Roam Further for PAYG.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Nope, been Pay Monthly for over 4 years! Never been PAYG

Does 150 recognise BILL? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Yup, provides full and correct up-to-date bill details 😀

Update: Phoned customer service who manually enabled Roam Further for me while on the call

They mentioned that the self-serve systems were updated about 6 weeks ago and it looks like Roam Further might not have been implemented properly on the new system... surprised no-one else has mentioned it?

The lovely rep raised a note to engineering to let them know that self service doesn't seem to be working, hopefully they fix it soon

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @TagMax.

Thanks for reporting this and for giving us the update from customer service. Hopefully, it'll be sorted soon.

Chris 🙂

I just encountered this same issue so it hasn't been fixed 11 months later. I can only assume this feature isn't used much, particularly given restrictions on travel at the moment.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @madanot2020

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you log into your My EE app, do you have the Roam Further pass showing within your add-ons?

Do you pay monthly for the Roam Further Pass or is this one of your smart benefits?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

No it doesn’t appear as an add-on. I have also called for support and
despite adding it to my account two days ago it doesn’t work. I am on a
contract so hoping I can still get this add-on