by Funkylady Investigator
Investigator

Roam Further Pass

Hello, I am planning on taking out the Roam Further Pass to use on our holiday to New Zealand.

On my plan I have 40gb of data 

On the Roam Further Pass information page is said 

'If your plan comes with more than 50GB of data per month, a fair use policy of 50GB will apply when roaming abroad'

Can someone please confirm that I will therefore be entitled to use all of my 40gb of data if needed whilst in New Zealand?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Roam Further Pass

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you will. This has recently changed from a max 15 GB data roaming to now a max of 50 GB.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi there,

Thank you for confirming that however I am at present chatting to someone at EE online and they are saying it is 15gb so I am a little confused to what is the correct data allowance?

I have given them the online link to where it states 50gb on the EE website

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Funkylady   It’s 50GB limit now, it used to be 15 gig but it is now changed.  Looks like customer services need to be updated with the new information. 

Investigator

So customer services have confirmed with me that the allowance for data for the Roam Further Pass which stood at 15gb has now been increase to 50gb,

Which means that I can use up to my 40gb allowance which is great news as we will be in New Zealand for 5 weeks travelling around. I plan on using Google maps for Navigation so it's nice to know that I have plenty of data available to me.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's now in EE's T&C - EE pay monthly roaming plans T&Cs :

Fair use amount

If your domestic data allowance is greater than 50GB, a fair usage policy of 50GB whilst roaming in our Europe Zone will apply (i.e. you can use up to 50GB from your allowance while roaming).

I guess your CS contact needs to bone up on some bedtime reading.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @XRaySpeX

Thanks for highlighting this, I have looked into this and can confirm that 50GB fair usage whilst roaming is now in place.

This activated Monday and all changes on the EE website are now being put through. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions