by Travelers
Explorer

Restarting sim and changing pack

I am after cheap calls to Australia, but mostly am after the maximum data amount to use in Britain.  The International Pack to make the calls only seems to have a small amount of data attached (I am looking at 20 gb if possible).  Do I add two together to get what I am after?

I was previously in the UK with the lower international pack and have since cancelled it.  I need to restart this phone number using the same sim but with a new pack. I also would like to know if my boosts, unused data and credit from the previous pack will be usable for the new one?

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
by Travelers
Explorer

Re: Restarting sim and changing pack

Hi - it was last used in January this year.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

1st things 1st ...

When did you last use this SIM for any chargeable action? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

No, you can't add packs together. You may only have 1 running at once.

Assuming your SIM is still live (see above) ...

Your best bet for 20GB is the £30 30-day Everything Pack with 20GB data, 3000 UK & EU mins and unlimited UK & EU texts. To buy it text EP30 to 150. Your boosts & credit will remain. You won't have any unused data left from previously. For a full list of packs you may buy see What are pay as you go packs?

Of course these packs don't include calling a non-UK no. from the UK. You are not roaming when you do so. They count as International calls & are chargeable.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK . Unlike the International Packs you will be paying for calls to Oz but at a cheap rate (3p landlines, 10p mobiles) / min but you are getting the bigger data.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then you should be good for buying another pack when you get to UK.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.