Highlighted
by La4

Receiving texts when I'm abroad

I'm currently in Singapore and just don't want any unexpected charges on my bill. Will it charge me to receive texts when I'm abroad?

I know that I should turn my voicemail off but now that I'm in Singapore, will it charge me to call the number to disable it?

Any other possible things which would cost me when abroad?

Thanks a bunch!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Receiving texts when I'm abroad

Receiving texts is free wherever you are in the world.

You will be charged for calling/texting 150 from outside the EU.

Charges in Singapore can be found in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/singap... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Receiving texts is free wherever you are in the world.

You will be charged for calling/texting 150 from outside the EU.

Charges in Singapore can be found in https://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/call-or-going-abroad/roaming-costs/countries/singap... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @La4

Thanks for coming to the community, I hope you're having a fantastic time in Singapore. 

I can see @XRaySpeX has provided you the perfect answer, please be sure to let us know if you have any further questions. 

Katie 🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.