by Colm2 Investigator
Investigator

Receiving texts of charges in USA when I have max plan

My partner is in America at the moment & when she arrived, she changed the device settings to enable roaming. After doing so she has received several messages about cost charges, but she is on the max plan with USA swappable enabled. 

Can an someone please tell me how to enable this so that I can relay this information to her please?

Will she be charged after enabling this? 

As the phone is under my account, I don’t want a load of charges coming through & I am a bit disappointed that the person I spoke to in support next mentioned these things to me when I queried whether or not changes in the settings had to be made.

please help ASAP! 

4 REPLIES 4
by Colm2 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Receiving texts of charges in USA when I have max plan

Calling 150 doesn’t do anything either. It’s as though the call doesn’t go through. 

Any help or tips will be much appreciated 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I believe that this standard charges text is sent to all users when entering a country regardless of what plan they are on. Perhaps someone who has been to USA on a Max Plan might confirm this.

She could test it by sending a text to you which would only cost 60p but the charge might not reach the a/c for some days.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Colm2 Investigator
Investigator

The phone she has is the only connection to family. I hope that by texting we can get a refund for charges since it’s not user error.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Colm2

Thanks for coming here 🙂

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details, so we can check this for you.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.